Download our free whitepaper: Benefits of Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Gas Chromatography (GCxGC) for a Routine Laboratory, authored by Michelle Misselwitz, Chemistry Consultant at Chemistry Matters, Inc., for more information on how GCxGC can benefit your laboratory.
Pegasus BT 4D GCxGC-TOFMS: GCxGC Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer
The Pegasus® BT 4D offers enhanced sensitivity by coupling our benchtop Pegasus BT with a high performance GCxGC modulation system. This combination gives the Pegasus BT 4D the ability to interrogate challenging samples where the best sensitivity is needed. Unique and powerful software and hardware features simplify quantitation, while also dramatically making GCxGC easy-to-use and understand.
Our traditional thermal modulation system provides the highest sensitivity available on the market for those analyzing the most complex samples.
Our new Flux Flow Modulation system is an excellent option for those looking for added capability over one dimensional GC.
- ChromaTOF, LECO's exclusive software designed for advance chromatography, works seamlessly with the new Pegasus BT 4D to automatically process user data and remove the guesswork involved with analyte identification and quantification. Features such as NonTarget Deconvolution®, Target Analyte Find, library searches, and an easy-to-configure interface, all come together to give users a better GCxGC experience.
- Do you know what's missing in your sample? The Pegasus BT 4D makes it easy to perform a Non-Targeted analysis for complex samples.
- Clearly identify analytes in your sample with the unmatched sensitivity of the GCxGC modulation process.
- Our open-style StayClean EI Source virtually eliminates downtime associated with source cleaning, which means more time running samples and less time cleaning your source
What is GCxGC?
Comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GCxGC) is a technique that has been around for over 25 years. Some may argue that the technique has been over-hyped, and that it is a complicated research tool that doesn't fit into routine analytical laboratories. However, several routine validated GCxGC methods have demonstrated that the technique is accurate, precise, and robust. Research has shown the benefits of GCxGC in a wide variety of applications (e.g. environmental, metabolomics, petroleum, food safety, fragrance). The benefits include increased peak capacity (i.e. resolution), structured two-dimensional chromatograms (i.e. contour plots), and sensitivity enhancement.
The merits of GCxGC as a separation science are clear, but how will it benefit a routine laboratory? Multiple analyte classes can be combined into a single analysis to save instrument and sample preparation time. Manual review time for non-target screening methods can be reduced with the increased peak resolution of a GCxGC analysis by creating a better library match leading to faster, more confident peak identification. Sample characterization is improved with a GCxGC analysis which increases confidence in decisions based on analytical results. The extra resolution afforded by the GCxGC analysis allows the use of more economical detectors, like the flame ionization detector (FID) or electron capture detector (ECD).
Pegasus BT 4D Details
- Pegasus BT 4D
- with Flux Flow Modulator
- Pegasus BT 4D
- with Liquid Nitrogen Thermal Modulator
- Pegasus BT 4D
- with Cryogen-Free Thermal Modulator
Determining Terpene Profiles of Cannabis Strains [PDF]
Pegasus BT 4D [PDF] Pegasus BT 4D [PDF]