Pegasus® GC-HRT+ 4D: High Resolution GCxGC TOF MS
The Pegasus GC-HRT+ 4D combines the highest performance GCxGC and TOFMS tools on the market with High Resolution Deconvolution® (HRD®). Ideal for the most complex samples, users are able to find more analytes than ever before and confidently identify unknown components. ChromaTOF® brand software, designed specifically for HRT+ instrumentation and GCxGC support, adds advanced qualitative and quantitative capabilities to an all-in-one user-friendly data system.
- Clearly identify analytes in your sample with the unmatched sensitivity of the GC×GC modulation process.
- Mass accuracies of 1 ppm and peak capacity potential at least two times greater than any mass spectrometer currently available on the marketplace
- Encoded Frequent Pushing® (EFP®) contributes to a significant increase in sensitivity, expanded dynamic range, wide mass range, and much more.
- Folded Flight Path® (FFP®) technology provides high resolution, enhanced sensitivity, and higher orders of TOF focusing
- KADAS®, our patented ion statistics-based data acquisition system, dramatically reduces noise, ensures mass accuracy, and reduces file size.
- Integrated NIST and Accurate Mass Libraries compare accurate mass new sample data against an accurate mass library data set.
- Multi-Mode Source™ (MMS™) combining EI, PCI, and NCI all in one high-performing, easy-to-tune source
Theory of Operation
The Pegasus GC-HRT+ 4D provides the capability to obtain high-resolution mass spectral data using comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GCxGC). GCxGC provides high peak capacity by trapping compounds eluting from the first chromatographic column and then systematically injecting them into the second column to obtain the second separation. The separation on the second chromatographic phase is completed in seconds, resulting in very narrow chromatographic peaks (<200 milliseconds).
To obtain sufficient data to define a 2D chromatographic peak, acquisition rates of at least 100 spectra/second are required. With the Pegasus GC-HRT+ 4D, data acquisition rates of up to 200 spectra/second can be utilized, giving sufficient data density to obtain spectral deconvolution of the chromatographic peaks. Combined, LECO's GCxGC chromatography and the Pegasus GC-HRT+ provide the ultimate solution in complex sample characterization.
GC-HRT+ 4D Details
Pegasus GC-HRT+ 4D with Liquid Nitrogen Thermal Modulator
Discovery of Environmental Pollutants at an Electronic Waste Recycling Facility [PDF]
Pegasus GC-HRT+ 4D [PDF]
Pegasus GC-HRT 4D News
27 August 2021
23 April 2021
29 January 2021
19 March 2020
20 August 2019